FARO Photon Laser Scanner
The Photon 120: Large Scale Scanning at its Fastest
Finally – A high-speed 3D scanner for full-detail survey and documentation! Utilizing non-contact laser technology, the FARO Photon generates highly detailed three-dimensional replicas of complex environments and geometries in a matter of minutes. Photon recreates the real world and defines it within a virtual space. The resulting image is a collection of millions of 3D measurements, providing an accurate digital representation of as-built or as-is conditions. Capable of scanning at the blistering rate of 976,000 points-per-second and a maximum reach of 120m, the Photon 120 offers the most efficient method for documenting conditions in three dimensions.
A portable non-contact measurement system to accurately capture 3D data. The system rotates 360° and measures everything within its line of sight up to 120m away. With a scan rate of 976,000 points per seconds and an accuracy of up to ±2mm it can be used in a wide range of industries.
Its main features are:
- Hypermodulation for longer range and less noise
- Range: 0.6m – 120m (Photon 120), 0.6m – 20m (Photon 20)
- Distance error: ±2mm at 25m
- Repeatability: @10m: 0.4mm rms @90% refl.; @25m: 0.5mm rms @90% refl.
- Measurement speed: Up to 976,000 points/sec.
- Colour (optional): Up to 39 mio. pixel
- Field of view: 320° x 360°
- Min. scanning time at 3 mio. points: approx. 30 sec. (black and white)
- Inclination sensor: accuracy 0.02°; resolution 0.001°; range ± 15°